Home Green Cards LGBT


If you have a well-founded fear of persecution in your country based on your LGBT status, you may apply to the USCIS, or to an Immigration Judge for asylum.

One of the particular social groups whose members may be eligible for asylum in the US is the LGBT community. LGBT asylum can be applied for by submitting Form I-589 to the USCIS, or alternatively, before an Immigration Judge if you are in a removal proceedings. This application is free of charge.

In order to establish your eligibility for LGBT asylum, you must have a well-founded fear of persecution in your home country due to your sexual orientation. This can be done by providing a detailed affidavit about your experiences in your home country, news articles detailing stories of members of the LGBT community being persecuted in your country and threats from persons in your home country. It is not necessary to have an eye witness or personal evidence from home to show proof of feared persecution, but if this information is readily available it would strengthen your application for asylum.

We will be happy to clarify all intricacies of these cases. Please contact us for more information.

Web Resources